Ph.D. Program in Oceanography and Global Change at the Canary Islands, Spain
Chemical, Biochemical and Geological Oceanography
Topics covered by researchers involved in the DOYCAG are presented here in such a manner that the Ph.D. student may follow his/her own interesting topic and then find the researcher related to that particular topic.
- Chemical, Biochemical and Geological Oceanography
- Carbon dioxide system in the ocean, time series stations and repeated sections. The anthropogenic carbon and ocean acidificaction.. Melchor González-Dávila, J. Magdalena Santana-Casiano.
- Biogeochemistry of iron in the ocean. Ocean acidification and global warming effect in the interaction of iron with the organic matter.. J. Magdalena Santana-Casiano , Melchor González-Dávila.
- Biochemical Oceanography. May Gómez Cabrera , Ted Packard.
- Marine Ecophysiology. May Gómez Cabrera, Ted Packard.
- Geomechanical characterization and behavior of volcanic rocks and soils. Jorge Yepes, Alejandro Lomoschitz Mora-Figueroa
- Geomorphology and evolution of large landslides on volcanic islands. Alejandro Lomoschitz Mora-Figueroa , Jorge Yepes.
- Geology of intraplate volcanic islands and seamounts (Canary Islands). José Mangas.
- Geological characterization of rocky and sandy canary coasts. José Mangas.
- Coastal processes and coastal sediment transport. Ignacio Alonso Bilbao.
- Lithogenic flows and Saharan dust plumes. Ignacio Alonso Bilbao, Inmaculada Menéndez
- Beach-dune interaction and evolution. María José Sánchez.